Meditation has numerous definitions, some call it is an exercise for a mind to increase concentration, some call it is used to understand the purpose of your true soul, but in simplest terms, it is the cessation of the thought process. It is described as a state of mind when it is free from scattered thoughts and your mental health connects with you.
Types of meditation:-
There are various types of meditation; also there is no widely accepted list of meditation, that’s why you will find variation in names. As far as the majority of sources are concerned, there are following types of mediation:
1. Transcendental meditation- In this, a person sits in a lotus position thereby chanting a mantra.
2. Heart rhythm meditation- This form focuses on the heart, for example, 8 times beats in and 8 times beat out.
3. Kundalini- In this, inhale and exhale of breathing in divided into 4 parts of incremental intervals.
4. Qi Gong- It is done to improve body posture and it was derived from Chinese society.
5. Zazen- It is the heart of Zen Buddhist practice, also known as seated meditation, which relies on self-guidance.
6. Mindfulness- It comes from the Buddhist tradition; it is all about acknowledging reality, accepting scattered thoughts, and understands the present.
Any type of meditation can become guided meditation if it is told step by step. Nowadays there are many centers where you can learn guided meditation and improve your mental health. If you can’t afford then you can get the procedure online either on the web or by a mobile application.
Well, this article has helped you to know the basics of meditation in the simplest form. Now, you can try any of the forms by using the guided meditation lessons from the experts.